Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Still resting

I'm now over 36 weeks and still resting with baby boy happily (well, I assume so) growing inside. At my dr's appointment a couple days ago I was not much more dilated and starting to thin. Very normal. Glad to know that I was not rapidly progressing. I had a rough night Sunday night and was pretty sore after the dr's appointment Monday, but I felt great yesterday and so far today. We made it through the first milestone (J's birthday) with no baby. Today is the 25th, so we're hoping to make it through today. (The other two kids were both born on Wednesdays, the 25th of the month. Today is Wed., Jan. 25. We've had this date highlighted for awhile.) Next, will be 37 weeks - officially full-term - on Monday, Jan. 30. Then on to Feb. 1. After that, it's just gravy in my book. I'm still feeling fairly confident that we can make it to February. Of course, I really have very little control in these things and everything can change rather quickly.

Bed rest has been fine. I'm not really confined to my bed. In fact, I'm sitting up most of the time. I just limit my movement - particularly up and down the stairs. The introvert in me is really fine with all this alone time. It's good for me. It's given me more time to mentally prepare, which I appreciate. And, I've checked a few other things off my to-do list:
  • finished reading 2 books
  • finished creating 2 full-year photo books (for 2010 and 2011)
  • a little bit of work
  • some minor cleaning and organization (thanks, mom!)
  • a bit of nursery decor
  • day care solidified
  • all photos backed up to an external hard drive
  • made my initial foray into online banking (I know, I know, I'm behind)
  • and lots and lots of Pinterest
I'm thankful for all the help from family - they've been amazing. Will & Elle have been really good and understanding that Mommy is resting. In some ways, I think this will help them transition to the newborn phase, too. Here's hoping for a few more weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment