Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bed rest

Well, I held out longer with this boy than I did with the first one. I went on bed rest at 32 weeks with Will due to pre-term labor. I'm on bed rest at 34 weeks with pre-term labor this time (only dilated to 1 right now). Interestingly, I did not have pre-term labor with Elle, but delivered her earlier than Will. We'll just wait and see with this baby.

I'm feeling fine - just having contractions, mostly anytime I get up and move. So far, sitting has been fine so I'm getting some good work done on the computer. I'm really, really hopeful that I won't have this baby before 38 weeks or so. We'll just see. Still hoping for a February birthday.

Bed rest this time around is a little different. First, my contractions are much different. With Will, I couldn't get them to stop. I can get them to stop now, but they're more intense than they were with Will. Also, bed rest with 2 children is interesting. Will sort of gets it. Eleanor, not so much. But these first few days have been just fine. Mostly I'm hanging on the couch when they're home and we can still play games, read, watch movies, and snuggle together. I'm just limiting my trips up and down the stairs and other physical activity. Justin has picked up all the slack. He's amazing. Thank goodness I have a husband like him. I really don't know how people would do it otherwise. And, of course, lots of family and friends are offering to help, too. So far, we're doing great. We'll see how long it is before baby arrives and how weekends go when then kids are home all day.

Benefits of bed rest: I'm getting caught up on my Facebook and Pinterest. I finally was able to finish and order my 2010 photo book. 2011 will be the next project. And, for right now, I'm still able to do some work from home which is nice. I'd prefer to save as much leave time for time with baby!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor you! Here's hoping that your baby boy comes at 38 weeks or later, and that you survive the bed rest with some sanity! :) You'll have a long lists of crafts to do at least! Gotta love Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete