Tomorrow is Delivery Day! It's so very strange to have it scheduled (and actually deliver as scheduled). However, barring any unforeseen circumstances, that's the plan. J & I are planning to enjoy a V-Day lunch today then have as normal of an evening as possible, probably not sleep much at all, and be to the hospital bright and early in the morning.
The planner in me really enjoys the scheduled thing. I can get things ready, prep the kids, try to envision how things will go. It occurred to me just the other day that if I don't actually go into labor first I get to avoid labor pains - that's a bonus. But there is certainly something I loved about the spontaneity and surprise of going into labor on my own. The adrenaline and joy is a rush. I'm thinking once we start the process tomorrow all of that will come back and it really won't matter.
Lots of people have asked if I'm "ready". Are you ever really ready to bring a new human into the world -- your world? I love being pregnant. So I am really trying to enjoy and savor these days. In some ways we're less well-prepared for this baby than we were for the other two. But we have the essentials in place. I think the biggest difference is that we (or at least I - I shouldn't probably speak for J) are more relaxed. I know it won't be perfect. I know there will be setbacks and challenges and that it will be really hard sometimes. But I know that this time around....and I'm at peace with it. I just feel so excited and joyful - both to be carrying this baby right now and to get to meet him tomorrow. All will work out just as it is supposed to. That said, extra prayers, good thoughts, positive energy etc. are appreciated :)
P.S. Will is so very excited to meet his baby brother. Yesterday he was talking to my belly asking "When are you going to come out?!" Then he was feeling as the baby was moving all over. There was one particular knobby part that he kept feeling as it moved. We discussed what body part this could be - hand, foot, elbow, knee. I told Will maybe his brother was fist-bumping him. He informed me that this was the first thing he wanted to ask the baby: "What was that knobby part we kept feeling?" I wonder what the reply will be...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Such a lovely reflection, K! Sending love and prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteOh yay!!! Can't believe you are having your baby boy today! GOOD LUCK and we'll be saying prayers for you and your family!
ReplyDelete