Will was very funny this evening! On the way home I was talking to him about Eleanor's party this weekend. He started rattling off things we needed and those of you who will be attending will be glad he's not in charge of the menu. He suggested sausage, hot dogs and ketchup, peanuts, and pretzels. No, we don't eat at bars regularly - I'm not sure where he came up with all of that! Then I told him about the cake I was thinking about making. "No, mommy! I want strawberry orange banana cake!" I have never had such a thing. So I asked him how to make it. "You need sugar, butter, water, milk, flour, and don't forget the scrinkles [sprinkles]!"
He then told me we needed to get Ellie a birthday present. I agreed and asked what he thought we should get her. "Something special she will like." Isn't that so sweet? So, I asked what he thought Eleanor would like. "Probably some new cars." haha - ok, back to his own self-interest.
When we got home I was munching on a delicious cranberry orange biscotti (thanks, Em!) Will asked for a bite, then another, and another. "I love this! It's my favorite." I was telling Will that one of Mommy's students brought it for her and wasn't that nice of her to share. A few minutes later I showed Will a picture of the cake I wanted to make for Elle's party. Again he comes back with the strawberry orange banana cake. I'm beginning to think maybe he had this at school, so I ask if he had that cake somewhere before. "Yes, one of my students brought it for me. Her name is Blendy." It took all I had not to burst out laughing at him. "You remember her, Mama? She had the white shirt." He's so convinced about all of this make-believe...maybe he'll be a lawyer ;)
He is so funny! What a great imagination Will has! It sounds like he's a great big brother, hopefully he continues with that as Eleanor grows :)
ReplyDelete