Sunday, March 24, 2013

Eleanor-isms

On the eve of her 4th birthday, I thought I'd take a moment to document some of our favorite recent Ellie comments.

E: "Mommy, we played with doggie balls today!"
Me: "you did what?!"
E: "yea, see those balls out there?" (Pointing to the Bocce ball set)
Oohhh, I got it now! Our dog is Botchie. Hence, Bocce ball became doggie ball.


(Playing "the letter game" in the van)
Me: "I'm thinking of a food that starts with B"
W: "banana!"
E: "botato, botato,"

(Yesterday before her birthday party)
J: "no, Elle, Mom's in the shower, let's leave her alone"
E: "no, Daddy, it's my birthday, so I can do whatever I want"

(Deciding on her birthday dinner)
E: "how about pancakes and cheese dip with chips"
Me: "well, honey, those two things really don't go together"
E: "oh, ok, I don't have to put the cheese dip on top"
(Ewwwww! We settled on pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage)

(Yesterday evening after her party. She is dressed in her princess gown and riding her new scooter through the kitchen - see below)
Me: "excuse me, Eleanor"
E: willfully ignoring
Me: "excuse me, Eleanor"
E: "you mean Princess Eleanor?"





No comments:

Post a Comment