Friday, August 24, 2012

Patrick at 6 months

Sweet Patrick is a little over 6 months old now. He has 2 bottom teeth, sits very well, loves playing with [chewing on] toys, rolls all over the place to get to where ever he wants to be, and has discovered spitting. He's transitioning to formula. He did well with the first foods we gave him - rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes. Then, one day, it's like he flipped a switch. He is no longer interested in any food coming via spoon. I can't even get him to eat fruit. He will close his little lips, spit, and if by chance a bit gets in his mouth, he'll make himself gag. It's truly delightful. He's not starving so I figure we'll just offer from time to time and some day he'll want to eat. He's still waking up several times at night. I've adjusted. Sure, it would be nice to sleep all night, but I honestly don't know what that even feels like. Some night we'll get tired of it and just let him yell himself back to sleep. For now, we'll get up and soothe or feed him and put him back to bed.

At his 6 month check-up:
weighed 20 lbs 2 oz (88%)
measured 27.75 in. (88%)
big head

Happy 1/2 year, baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment