Friday, September 21, 2012

Busy!

Clearly we've had a lot going on. I haven't blogged and have taken very few photos. Really, there haven't been a lot of big events, just life. Will is enjoying kindergarten. We hear about new friends, different classes and what he does in after-school care. Most recently that involved learning chess from "a third-grader, no wait, maybe a sixth-grader. I don't know his name." But, Will now very much enjoys chess. Go figure. Ellie Kate is doing quite well at pre-school. I'm amazed at how her language skills seem to have boomed since Will went to kindergarten. All of  a sudden she's speaking in fuller sentences, more detail, more thought. Fascinating to watch. She has become enamored with cheerleaders after being at the KU football games. She still loves Tinkerbell and would prefer to wear a dress and accessories every day. Often when we get home from work/school, I go change out of my work clothes into comfies, Will changes out of his uniform into play clothes, and Ellie Kate changes out of her play clothes into a Cinderella gown. Patrick is 7 months old now and so loveable. He's doing a really good job with baby foods now. He has 4 teeth in and about a week or so ago decided he could sleep at night. He's still a very loud sleeper - making noises several times every night - but he's proven he can go back to sleep most of the time. J & I are busy at work, but enjoying it. We're adjusting to life with a school-aged child and the expectations that come along with that. Our color-coded calendar hanging in the kitchen is just a bit overwhelming, but I find it necessary to know who is picking up whom and where we're going at any given moment.

We are still going to the KU football games. So far, the kids have done an amazing job. Fingers crossed that that continues!
3 little Jayhawks ready for the game

Elle & Grampy

Poor Patrick!


He's taken a good nap at every game so far

Watching Big Jay

These two have fun together!

No comments:

Post a Comment