Friday, July 13, 2012

Will's swimming lessons

Due to some changes at work, I was able to enroll the kids in swim lessons this summer and be confident that I'd be home in time to take them. Will's 2 weeks of class just finished. For it being his first lessons, I'm pretty pleased. He looked timid, awkward, and terrified at many points, but he had nothing be positive things to say about it. He's doing a much better job going under water. They worked a lot on glides and floats. He still isn't great about jumping in from the side and is not doing any actual strokes yet. Maybe he'll get there. I love the water and would really like my kids to be comfortable swimmers. But, of course, that takes time and dedication. And, well, we don't spend a lot of our "free" time at the pool. Maybe when the kids are older. Nonetheless, Will is very proud of himself for completing his lessons and he had a really fun time. Ellie Kate starts hers on Monday - that will be very interesting! I probably won't have pictures of hers to post, though, since I'm in the pool with her for her lessons.
There were 3 boys (including Will) in the group.

Front float. Will's teacher, Hannah, was awesome! So patient and fun!

This is just a pic of the pool - pretty cool, huh?

Ellie is convinced her lessons will be over with all the toys....I'm trying to manage the expectations.

Back glide

Jumping in

No comments:

Post a Comment