Friday, July 13, 2012

Who needs sleep?

I heard Patrick making noise shortly after I'd put him down the other night. So, I went to check on him and saw these big blue eyes staring at me. Now that he can roll, he has turned into a big-time tummy sleeper. For awhile this was great because I was getting 4 hours blocks between feedings. (that has since faded...) But, the fact that he can push his head up and see outside the crib is a whole other dilemma!

I really shouldn't complain because it could be soooo much worse. But...I'm gonna whine for just a minute. You see, I haven't had a full night of sleep since before Patrick was born. That's right, he has NEVER slept through the night. We've had a couple stretches of 5 hours or so, but that's it. He's regularly up every 3-4 hours. I know he doesn't need to eat, but he's in the habit now. We'll have to break that soon. I just have to get up the courage and stamina to change the habit. And really, he is darn cute. And he is usually happy when he wakes up. So I really shouldn't complain....


"Hey, Mom...are you getting me outta here or what?"

No comments:

Post a Comment