Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy 5th birthday, Will!

"I'm 5!!!!"
We celebrated Will's 5th birthday with a family party last weekend. He had a great time playing with his cousins! We had his request - vegetable soup, along with chili, hot dogs, snacks, and yummy cupcakes. He was so thrilled to pick out all the veggies to go in the soup. It was really adorable to see. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but I think it was pretty good!
As you can see, he got tons of stuff -- and he's been having such a great time playing with all of it in the evenings this week. He was pretty excited to get Monopoly and Operation. I'm so thankful he loves board games as much as I do! 

Oh my gosh, look at all this awesome stuff!
With his special request - chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles.

I love my new Woody PJ's! Thanks, Aunt Casie!
Both our kids had fevers after the party. Will was fairly subdued throughout the party, but seemed to have a really good time. Neither ate dinner. They had tylenol, lots of juice and water and went to bed. Thankfully, everyone felt better in the morning.

He had his school party on his actual birthday and had a great time there. When we got home, he was showing me all the stuff he got -- Legos, games, Rescue Heroes, and then he was ready to sit down and work on the 1st grade workbook his teacher gave him. I love this kid!
After opening presents from us, we had his b-day dinner of choice: chicken and macaroni & cheese. I tell ya, we should really be enjoying this time with such low expectations!!
A happy birthday boy with his dragon guys.
We had such a fun time celebrating this amazing little boy! I can't believe how quickly 5 years have gone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how can you be five already??!! Hope you had a great 5th birthday Will!

    ReplyDelete