Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Random photos, updates, Ellie Kate the daredevil

Be forewarned, this post has no common theme - just notes of recent occurrences that had us laughing or shaking our heads.

First - I just love this picture of W & J. They were just horsing around, but it turned out to be a cute pic.

Eleanor is quite the fashionista. Very particular about her accessories especially. All winter long she insisted on wearing her raincoat instead of her heavy winter coat. Now, it is a very cute J&J raincoat, but really? And, she always has an opinion on what shoes to wear. Usually she chooses her boots. Very fashionable...except with spring skirt outfits. I took her to run errands with me last weekend and we found this adorable sun hat and matching sandals. And, since we were at Babies R Us, we picked up a couple new sippy cups. I'll have you know she had this cup out of the packaging before we got to the next aisle. See how she's clutching it here? Did that ALL morning. And also refused to take off the hat or shoes.

Will has always been a fairly timid kid, especially with physical adventures. Socially, the kid has no fear - talks to anyone. Ellie Kate is much less timid. In fact, she seems to LOVE speed, feeling out of control, climbing to great heights and other danger-filled adventures. I was reminded of this as we were playing outside the other evening. Will was still on his little Diego bike (too afraid to ride his real bike with training wheels because he says he doesn't know how to do it). Ellie Kate was in the big red & yellow car you pedal Flintstone-style. Will wouldn't go more than a couple pedals without putting his feet down to stop. EK put her feet up at the top of the driveway and enjoyed the ride all the way to the bottom where I stopped her from going into the street. At one point she ran her car into Will's bike on her way down the driveway. This frustrated her to no end because he was not gong fast enough for her or kept stopping. She finally succeeded in pushing him of the way. In other adventures, she's enjoyed climbing up the stairs outside the railing (thankfully we only have 5-6 stairs like that!), trying to climb into her high chair (photo below), getting up onto the chair in the living room and leaping over onto the sofa (photo below), and insisting that she now walk up and down stairs -- no sitting or scooting. It doesn't matter that she can't reach the railing. She'll hold your hand or just venture it alone. I'm guessing this is what happened the other night while I was doing dishes and heard her crash down from the top to the landing. Oops. Thankfully, it just scared her - no injuries.





Finally, I'll end with a story about Will. I told him recently that he & I would be going to see Toy Story on Ice with Go-Go & his cousins. We've known about this for quite a while, but I've waited to tell him so that we aren't talking about it incessantly! Well, the show is next Friday so we'll see how the next week or so of anticipation goes! Here are his reactions when I first told him:
W: "Is Aunt Casie going to be there?" (very excitedly)
M: "No, I don't think Aunt Casie will be there, but all your cousins will be!"
W: "I think Aunt Casie should be there."

W: "Mom, are they going to be real people?"
K: "Yes, Will. They'll be real people in costumes and they'll be ice skating."
W: "Will there be snow? I bet there will be a Christmas tree!"
K: "Well, I'm not so sure about that. It's not really a Christmas show."
W: "Mom, do you think we can meet Buzz & Woody? I would be so happy to talk to Woody! I think Buzz might be a little too excited to talk to me though."

Yep, I bet he'll be too excited to talk to you, Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment