Tuesday, January 18, 2011

No pics - just updates

It's been awhile since I've updated on milestones and highlights. So, here it goes.
Will is great. He is learning more every day. We're reading Charlotte's Web chapter by chapter before bed each night. I'm not sure how much he's getting, but it's fun. Tonight as a I finished, he said, "Now, Mom, when you see a circle you stop. And when you see one of these [pointed to a comma], you pause for a just a moment." I swear I did not learn punctuation as a 4-year-old! He's delightful and happy most of the time. He wants to be outgrowing his nap, but we aren't so sure that's a good idea

Eleanor is growing up so fast! Her vocabulary has been booming the last couple months. She says so many things including many multi-word phrases. She has perfected the teenage "mooo-ooom"whine. All her teeth (minus the 2 year molars) are in, she's 26 lbs. 11 oz as of a couple weeks ago. We're working on keeping the pacifier and blankie bed only. (For what it's worth - I'd take a thumb-sucker over a binky-kid any day!!)
Ellie Kate is playful and daring - often trying to climb into her own high chair. Pretty much anything her big brother can do, she can do, too. She loves bath time. Watching the two of them splash at each other is a blast! I tend to get very wet, but it's so fun to watch them be so happy and have fun together. Elle loves babies. I don't know if this is intrinsic or what. I've purposely tried not to totally genderize my kids' toys. They both play with all kinds of things. And we are definitely not into princesses yet. But, I tell ya, that girl LOVES babies! She loves her baby friend and day care. She always has to give her hugs and kisses and say goodbye before we leave. She loves looking at babies' pictures in magazines or books. She's not huge into dolls, but occasionally she plays with them. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. Will was always so much more interested in adults and people older than him. (As evidenced by his imaginary friend whose age varies, but is always older. I learned his "big name" tonight: Jason William Best. I thought that was cute.

Enough for tonight. Just wanted to try to provide a little snapshot so I could remember later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment