Monday, September 13, 2010

Camping




I'm way behind on my posts as this actually happened a few weeks ago. We celebrated Kit's birthday with a family trip to the lake. J's FFL draft was that weekend, so I and the kids (and Aunt Casie, thank goodness) drove down on Friday after work. Will talked pretty much the whole 90 minute drive. He was pretty excited about camping and seeing his cousins.

I use the term camping loosely. People who really camp would not call this camping. But for me - it was camping. We had two lodges (AC, electricity, shower, kitchens, etc.) GoGo, Grampy, Casie, EK, Will and I in one; Jeff, Sarah, Amy & 6 kids in the other. I think we won, don't you? Will was perhaps most excited about this trip because he got to share a bed with Mama. What a treat! Well, for him it was. Double bed with me, Will, 2 guys, 3 pillows, a blankie, and lots of kicking = not a lot of sleep.

Regardless, we all had a fun time. Will loved the campfire, though I don't think he even ate a hot dog and he preferred his marshmallows untoasted. He loves his older cousins and they are so good to him. He attached himself to Liz this trip. Pretty cute. Will was the last one to bed Friday night (thanks in large part to the half bag of marshmallows he ate) and the first one up Saturday morning. Grampy made chocolate chip pancakes - yum! Then we went for a quick ride on the boat. Will was not sure about the whole boat ride. He kept asking me when it would be over. I think the speed (though we weren't really going very fast) scared my cautious little boy. Elle, on the other hand, found it very peaceful and fell asleep in Aunt Casie's arms. She became quite disgruntled and restless when the boat stopped. Next summer, she might be ready to swim in the lake. Neither of the kids particularly enjoyed the swimming beach. Will much preferred the playground. Go figure. Maybe they'll be lake kids later in life, but for now, not so much. It was a fun trip, but I was sure glad to get home, shower, and sleep in my own bed!



1 comment:

  1. That's my idea of camping as well! Looks like it was a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete