Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend updates

This post may be very long...we'll see how much I can get done. This starts with the first full weekend in August, I think. Will has not been doing a great job of napping or going to bed so we've had sticker charts. He finished his first one a couple weekends ago and his reward was a trip to T-Rex for lunch. He had so much fun digging in the sand and playing!



Ellie Kate was so worn out that she fell asleep while rubbing her eyes on the way home.


We spent the next day celebrating my grandma's 80th birthday party. She had a great time. The kids did a good job - kept Justin & I (and lots of other people) busy!

Last weekend we took the kids to Deanna Rose Farmstead ("the farm") for the morning. It got a little warm toward the end, but we did ok. Elle was in the stroller most of the time, but she LOVED the swings. Will did great - he's getting much braver. He did not enjoy the chickens or the goats, but everything else was ok. He told us later that "goats eat people". No wonder he didn't like them!




The next day Will insisted on playing in the sprinklers in our backyard. Unfortunately, this was not one of the hotter days this summer. The water was freezing! We ran around for awhile anyway and he had fun.



This past Friday night Justin had 2 tickets to the Royals game so he was going to take Will. We were in between severe t-storms, but they decided to try it out anyway. The game got called after 1 inning. While under the awning amidst the storm J told Will "This was not one of Daddy's better decision-making moments." To which Will replied, "Yea, Daddy, this was a terrible decision!" They got home and were still totally soaked - what a mess! Since they had planned to ride the carousel, we made a trip to the mall yesterday to ride the carousel. Both kids loved it, and did a great job while we were out. Though I told J we'd been out there for an hour and a half and I didn't feel like I'd done any shopping.

The following are just some random pictures that I thought were cute.
This is how Eleanor tells me she doesn't want to listen.


Will showing off his dance moves - clearly takes after his dad!


Happy girl. I also tried to get a couple pictures of her walking since I have so many of her sitting. It's much harder to get a good picture when she's on the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment