Sunday, July 18, 2010

The joys of home ownership

Thankfully our water heater was repaired quickly and fairly inexpensively last week. Today, the washer quit working (with a full load of clothes and water in it). After flipping switches, un-plugging and re-plugging and finally jiggling some hoses it started working again. Meanwhile we discovered the wet carpet in our closet. Yes, that would be new carpet. It's only a small section near the wall by the shower. After removing the drain cover in the shower and seeing the pool of cloudy water we deducted that perhaps we have a drainage problem. We'll be calling the plumber again tomorrow.

To deal with all of this we decided we needed some pool time after naps. As we were pulling out of the driveway, J & I noticed a dangling metal item hanging from the garage door, which promptly quit working about a foot from the ground. The garage door openers no longer work. Thankfully, we can still raise and lower the door manually. At least J was planning to be home for the plumber anyway. Now we can have the garage door repair person stop by tomorrow, too. Ugh.

In totally unrelated news - 2 funny quotes from Will. Last night as I was preparing dinner I asked Will what kind of fruit he wanted.
W: "Chocolate fruit"
K: "Huh? I don't know what you're talking about."
W: "You know, the kind you put chocolate on."
K: "Will, I have no idea what your talking about. Do you want blackberries? They're dark like chocolate."
W: "No, mama. Chocolate. I will show you." And he goes to the fridge and gets out chocolate syrup. "This, mama, you put this on fruit."
K: "Where did you learn this, Will? We've never done this at home."
W: "I learned it in college, mom."


Then at dinner tonight after Ellie Kate so politely screamed at the top of her lungs and pointed for more chicken (followed by signing "please") for about the 3rd time, Will says "Ellie Kate is one sassy girl tonight." Agreed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! What a pain that is! When it rains, it pours, huh? I love the "sassy girl" comment. Kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete