Will's teacher and I were discussing his day yesterday and she told me that he was doing math (addition and subtraction) in his head all day yesterday so she asked if she could call him Mr. Math. Will reponded in a very cool way, "No, you can call me Mr. Big", prompting his teacher to ask if he'd been around when Sex and the City was on recently. (The answer is no, by the way.) Geesh!
Will & Justin were talking last night and Will informed his dad that he was practicing spelling at school. Much to Justin's suprise, Will followed that up by spelling Mom, Dad, cat and dog. He's been "praciticing" spelling by putting a lot of letters together and asking us what it spells, but this was definitely the best he's done at actually spelling words. Then Will says, "Daddy, I can spell Addison, too." And then he did. Followed by Seville. (These are two of his friends at school.) Apparently his own name is too easy now, so he moved on to more complex ones. I think our days of spelling out words we don't want to say in front of him are limited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness, Will is spelling?!? You've got to be kidding me! That is awesome. I'd say you're right about your days of spelling in front of him are limited. My niece will now say "mom, what did you just spell?" when her mom spells in front of her. I'm sure Will is going to be saying that soon! :) I love the Mr. Big story by the way, where do kids come up with this stuff? So cute.
ReplyDelete