2012 seems to have been more monumental than most years. I'd be ok with 2013 being a little low-key. Nonetheless, we had a blessed 2012 and take a moment to reflect.
January - bed rest. Lots of time to prepare for the arrival of our sweet baby boy.
February - welcome, Patrick Marshall! I can't believe you arrived less than a year ago. It seems like so long ago - I can't imagine our life without you.
March - Ellie Kate turned 3! And what a sassy, loving, sneaky big girl you are! She is the highlight of Patrick's life. I can always count on Ellie Kate to make him smile.
April - We welcomed our niece, Kalliope! And watched the Jayhawks play in the national title game -- all in the same day! :) I also got an impromptu visit with my dear friend, Annie. It had been way too long and it was truly a highlight to catch up.
May - Adjusting to life with three kids and two parents working full-time outside of the home.
June - Will plays t-ball. Ellie Kate takes tumbling lessons. Summer-time fun.
July - Justin is working hard as treasurer for 2 local campaigns. We celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed my extended family Christmas as everyone came to us in Shawnee this year.
August - I started a new job (I'd been in the same office the last 6 years, so this was a big change). Elections did not go the way Justin had hoped. Will started kindergarten. This was a pretty eventful month for us!
September - Justin attended his firm retreat in Scottsdale. Will settled into school and I settled into my new position.
October - Will turned 6! He's loving school and doing well. He's definitely a rule-follower :) I had a wonderful time catching up with Kalle while she was in town. There is truly nothing like old friends.We met in kindergarten and I've wondered more than once if William is making any lifelong friends. Crazy to think about, really.
November - Justin learned he made partner at work. We enjoyed a trip to Hawaii to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed Thanksgiving with family and friends.
December - Holiday craziness as usual. But we enjoyed our time with family, friends, and each other.
As usual, I don't do new year's resolutions. Instead, I commit to striving for balance -- a constant journey. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment