Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hair

We tried curlers in Ellie Kate's hair the other night. She showered in the middle of the afternoon after a t-ball game (i.e. playing in the dirt) so I decided we'd leave the curlers in for a couple hours until bed time. The smaller curlers definitely worked better. And, unfortunately, she has my hair. It only held the curl for about 30 minutes. Oh well. Cute while it lasted.
Before

I just think this is a beautiful picture of her.

after
 Then tonight was quite a different story with the hair. Pretend haircuts got a little too real.
It's like Clue: Mr. William with the scissors in the bathroom

The aftermath. I guess I should at least be thankful he did it over a trashcan.




She has an interesting "layer" on the side now, and a nice big chunk missing. Not sure how we're gonna make that look good. Maybe the bob cut will come soon...

Just one snip from his own bangs.

My sentiments exactly.

So, Will was the barber this evening and did much more work on his sister than on himself (he's no fool). Once he realized what a boo boo this was he asked me not to tell anyone. Fat chance - every parent deserves to re-tell stories like this. Ellie Kate was unfazed by all of this. She kept saying, "I'm a princess!" Chunky hair, but a princess nonetheless. Oh what a night.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, first of all, Ellie Kate's hair was adorable curled! That's my hair though, the curl will fall right out. So the story about the hair cut is hilarious! Good thing it wasn't right in front or something. Even funnier that it was Will who did it...:) (of course, you might not have thought it was funny!)

    ReplyDelete