Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Things I miss about maternity leave

So you can probably tell by my lack of posts that I've returned to work. And there wasn't much "easing" back into it. We are preparing for orientations so I hit the ground running. I have lots to post about so it's going to take me awhile to catch up. But, here's the beginning: things I miss about maternity leave -- in no particular order.
  • Figuring out our (Patrick's & my) routine -- or lack thereof
  • Long fingernails
  • Seeing my mom every week
  • Running errands during the week - Target at 2 pm on a Tuesday is amazing!
  • Mid-day trips to Starbucks
  • Getting to go back to bed after a 4:45 a.m. feeding
  • Yoga pants & KU t-shirts
  • the Today show
  • Not having to clean and sanitize pump equipment and bottles every day
  • Knowing Patrick's every move and seemingly seeing every new development
All that said, I enjoy my work and am happy to be back among friends and inspiring students. Just wish I had more time to blog :)

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see all of that! SO good that you enjoy your work, I'm sure that makes the adjustment much easier! :)

    ReplyDelete