Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas preparations

We had promised the kids that we would put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. They were SO looking forward to it! We just got a new tree because sections of lights on our last one quit working. So, Friday morning, we bring the tree up to begin the assembly. We quickly realize we have 2 part D's and no part C's. This is a problem. Of course, we bought this at Target and it's Black Friday. The manufacturer was not terribly helpful. Five-year-olds don't understand why we can't put it up, when "you told us we could do it on Friday!!!!" So, J called Target just to see if they had one. Thankfully, they did. So we boxed up the defective tree, J returned it to Target and picked up the new one. He said it was amazingly quick and easy so thanks to Target for that! So, after a bit of a delay, we did finally get the tree up.


The "finished" product: (We had to do a little re-organizing. You can see we're a little bottom-heavy -- you get a pretty good idea of preschool reach.)

The next day Aunt Casie came over to decorate gingerbread houses. She had everything pre-made and portioned, so it was all ready to go. The kids had a blast! I think Elle ate as much as she put on her house, but oh well, I suppose that's half the fun!





Will's finished product

Ellie Kate's finished product
 Casie and I actually decorated some, too. But I must have taken those pictures with her camera. The kids still want to eat their houses, but I've been trying to convince them they are just for decoration.
This past weekend, we had Breakfast with Santa at church. It was cute and the kids had fun. I was shocked that Elle did so well sitting on Santa's lap! She's afraid of stuffed snowmen we have in our house, so I figured there was no way! Surprise, surprise - she did great. Will asked Santa to bring him chapter books and Elle followed by also asking for books. Santa is quite pleased with these requests :)

making ornaments

more crafting
Just a few other pre-holiday pictures. I try to take advantage when they're all dressed up (or at least have on a matching outfit!).


Finally, Charlie the Elf has made his annual appearance at our house. Both kids are really into it this year. They race around each morning to find him, talk to him throughout the day, and tell him goodnight. Charlie has gotten a little more creative with his locations this year, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment