Friday, September 9, 2011

Vacation!

We took a brief family trip to Minneapolis over Labor Day weekend. We had a law school friend getting married there, so the old crew from UM decided to get together -- kids and all. We had a great time! It took us about 7 1/2 hours to drive each way (stops included). Neither kid slept for a moment either way. "I no sleep in the car!" Ellie would say incredulously anytime it was suggested. Oh well - we made it. We rented a van with a DVD player - the kids were in heaven! I also collected several new workbooks, pencils, activity books, coloring books etc. that were reserved "just for our trip".
All ready for the trip!


I think he finished his huge book of mazes before we even got out of Missouri.
Incidentally, these pictures were taken during our first stop (at Wal-Mart about 3 minutes from our house). I was double-checking with Justin to make sure he had everything - belt, shoes, socks. Dang! Forgot the socks. Hence, the stop at Wal-Mart. Apparently I should have been more thorough in my checklist. Upon our arrival in Minneapolis a look of horror came over J's face. He had forgotten his suit at home and had nothing to wear for the wedding (except a belt, new socks, and shoes, of course). Had to do a Macy's run before the wedding :)

We spent Saturday morning/day with our friends from law school and their kids. We had 5 under the age of 5. Everyone got along so well! We spent the morning at the Minneapolis Children's Museum - such fun! After naps, the babysitters arrived and the parents headed to the wedding.
Shopping

Checking out

He was doing great matching the X-rays with his body

The water room was by far EK's favorite.

boat races


The Lego room with Piper ("Piper, you're my best friend")



I think this was Will's favorite area.

Aren't they cute?! They were such pals!


Prince & Princess

Ellie Kate the turtle

Sunday morning we went to a park to play with hopes that we could wear the kids out so they'd sleep in the car. No luck on the sleep, but they sure had fun!
Cutie pie!

This makes me flash forward about 10 years and get VERY nervous! :)


Adorable Owen




Teeter-totter

somehow, I don't think the sides were evenly balanced

It was a quick trip, but a nice vacation and so great to catch up with friends. Will's favorite part of the trip? "Piper". Hopefully we'll get to see them again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment