Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Home days

Ugh - I'm so behind on blogging! Earlier this month, Will had 2 days off school so I took the days off and we had home days together. We had such a great time! I forget how old he is and how much he can do! On Thursday, my  mom came up, so we played games for a bit and then headed to my brother-in-law's fire station for a tour. I've been meaning to take Will and we're so lucky the timing worked out!



Jeff and the guys were so great with Will! He was a little overwhelmed and very quiet while we were there. But I really think he was just taking it all in. He talked about it tons later to anyone who would listen (including Botchie). While we were there, we toured the living area, got to see the trucks, equipment, boats, Will got to climb in the trucks and push buttons. They even let him start the engine and turn on the lights. What a cool experience!

Afterward, we went out to lunch then had a quiet afternoon at home. On Friday, we went to pick a few things up at the mall, got his hair cut and then met Casie out for lunch. We ate at First Watch and of all the items on the kids menu (chocolate chip pancakes, turkey sandwich, etc.) he chose a fresh fruit crepe with granola and organic yogurt. And he ate nearly all of it. What a kid.

After lunch we went to tour Aunt Casie's "big school". Will had been there before, but he clearly didn't totally remember it. He was utterly impressed that there was a library inside the school. The whole concept was just amazing to him. And, of course, as soon as we walked into the library he spotted the Magic Treehouse books and got so excited. He loved looking around Aunt Casie's classroom. As he was looking through her bookshelf, he announced, "Aunt Casie, I see some Roald Dahl books." For those who don't know or don't recall, Roald Dahl wrote Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach and several other kids books. He is Will's "favorite author". (I swear I didn't know what an author was when I was 4!) But, Will spotted his name on some books in Aunt Casie's classroom and she was generous enough to let him borrow them. I wonder if her 5th graders are as excited to borrow books from the classroom?

All in all, it was a really wonderful two days together. I'm not really sure who enjoyed it more - me or him.

1 comment:

  1. What fun Mommy and Will days! How special you were able to spend that time with him.

    ReplyDelete