Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Big girl

Ellie Kate has been hitting several milestones lately. This past weekend her "big girl bed" arrived. She LOVES it! Will does, too, actually. He plays in there with her all the time and has asked if he can sleep in that bed with her. We have not really put her "new room" (same room - different furnishings) together. We still need to paint, move some things out, other things in. So, there are no room pictures yet, but these are some cute ones of the kids getting ready for bed tonight. Will came in so he could hear the books I was reading to Elle.

  
Will wanted to pretend they were going to sleep. This is how Ellie Kate goes to sleep. You tell her to close her eyes and go to sleep and she squints her eyes closed as hard as she can. It's so cute!

Saturday Will asked to have his toenails painted, and of course Elle insisted she needed to have hers done too. Mine and Will's are blue. "Ellie Kate no blue." (with hand shaking as if to stay stop it!) "Ellie Kate wants red toes." Something about red toenails that make a little girl seem so grown up. The toes and the big girl bed all in one day were almost more than this mommy could handle.

Tonight before bed, we hit another milestone -- potty in the potty chair! Of course, this was after she peed a bit on the carpet, but I'll take what I can get, I guess. We haven't really started potty training, per se. We'll see if this sparks her interest. Will and I made a very big deal about it tonight. "Mommy, I am so proud of Ellie Kate." Will said. "Next time I want her to go poop." I can already tell he's gonna be a really big help in this process. :)

1 comment:

  1. How cute!!! She is getting SO big. Love her big girl bed!

    ReplyDelete