Sunday, February 20, 2011

Growing up

There have been several little moments lately where I've realized these two little ones are growing up. I won't lie - sometimes it's a relief. Sometimes it makes me sad, though.
Will is becoming more of a little guy every day. He's reading words, doing simple math problems, growing taller, and giving a little attitude (as you can see in the photo at the top. I asked them both to smile...that's what I got from Will.)
Is there anything cuter than a little boy with a new haircut?
Eleanor has decided she's had enough of the highchair and wants to sit at the table with us. She is conversing more. The other day she said several times in a very whispery voice "whass da sow?" [what's that sound?] any time a new sound occurred around the house. Her other multi-word phrase that has become a favorite: "I throwed it." She's loving books and tries to sing her ABC's. We only get "A, B, C, D, E, eh, G" then she just sorta makes sounds to the tune of the song. Will thinks this is hilarious and laughs every time she does it, which, of course, makes her laugh - and do it even more! They are generally getting along really well and learning to play together more. It's fun to watch them entertain each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment