Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mama saw Mickey!

I had the opportunity to go to Orlando a few weeks ago for a conference for work. I actually left on my birthday. It was strange going to Disney World without my kids, but it reaffirmed my preference not to take them there for many more years. I'm just not that patient! My co-workers and I had a great time, though, and Daddy survived without me for 5 days.

I bought them each a set of ears as souvenirs. Will was so excited to see all the pictures I took. He'll love going there someday...when he's 8 or 9!

Will was very clingy when I first got home. J & I went out for a date 2 days after I got back and Will was crying and so upset. He was fine once we left, but he was so troubled thinking about it. Then I worked late one night the following week and he was very much questioning where I was. "I know were Mama is. One of her students is having a party!" Well, not quite a party, but I was with students! He seems to be better now, but it was interesting seeing the reaction in him. Elle was not phased. She's such a mommy's girl when we're with other people, but she didn't appear to be troubled at all by me being gone. Well, she did get called a "holy terror" by her day care provider one day while I was out. But I chalk that up to being 18 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment