Sunday, June 9, 2013

Perfect summer weekend

After swim lessons on Friday we all headed to the K for a Royals game. We had great seats and a parking pass and made it about 5 innings. I consider that a success for Patrick's first game and a 7:05 first pitch!

Saturday morning we got to ride in the Old Shawnee days parade. Patrick did not enjoy this at all. He was whiny and restless pretty much the whole time. Ellie Kate and Will both told me their arms got tired from waving. We had beautiful weather and a great crowd. After the parade, we headed to the Old Shawnee Days carnival. I caught a glimpse of my children's differing personalities. Eleanor rode ride after ride. She and Justin went on the big Ferris wheel. She loved every bit of it. After one ride, Will opted for the carnival games. He came home with countless treasures. Thankfully, Patrick finally fell asleep. He looked so uncomfortable, but I was glad he finally slept.

While the kids napped Saturday afternoon, I enjoyed sun time on the deck. As I told J, it is my happiest place. After naps, we played in the water table.

After our usual Sunday chores and baseball practice, we went to our neighborhood pool. This was Patrick's first trip. I have no pictures from this - it took all hands for children! But, we had a great time.

Now, we are all a bit sun kissed, swimsuits are drying around the house, kids are pooped, and I'm enjoying a glass of wine. All in all, a glorious summer weekend.
























No comments:

Post a Comment