Will is starting T-ball for the first time. Here he is before the first practice.
And after the first practice with his official T-shirt and hat. He's #7 and they decided on a team name of the Wildhawks (combination of wildcats and jayhawks). This was after the brilliant suggestions of the Muffin Men, the Dinosaurs, and Will's rather vocal attempt to be called the Pirates.
Justin is helping "coach". I'm looking forward to the first game after hearing all about practice. This ought to be a riot! Will is slowly coming to terms with reality in that he is not in fact playing for the Royals. Nor will his games be televised. He informed me earlier this week that I could just watch him on my phone if I couldn't be there. 1. Mommy's phone is not that cool. 2. How did you know people watch things on their phone? 3. You will not be televised. However, I'm guessing he'll have quite a cheering section given that he's trying to invite everyone he knows to come watch him.
Will has had a couple really funny comments and questions lately. First, I cut my hair pretty dramatically earlier this week. As we're driving home from school that day (the first time he has seen the haircut) he says, "Mama, I think something is different."
Me: "Really, Will? What do you think it is?"
W: thinking for a few seconds "Have I seen that shirt before?"
Ugh. Such a boy.
Last week (when J was out of town, of course) Will asked me how babies got into mommy's tummies. One of his friend's moms is pregnant and apparently they'd seen ultrasound pictures at school. Now, I'm all for telling the truth, not making up stories or silly words for body parts, but come on! He's 4! So, I told him it was a special miracle that God helped there be a baby in a mommy's tummy. Then he asked how the baby came out of the mommy. "Do you just open your mouth?" (I guess food goes in that way, so why can't a baby come out that way?) I told him that doctors helped us get the babies out. Thankfully those answers satisfied him for now. Any tips on better answers for next time would be greatly appreciated!
Wishing the weather would return to warmer, drier days so we can have more fun outside!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for t-ball! Wish we lived closer, Cooper would love to watch Will play! Love the story about your hair, that is such a boy, huh? The kids are getting so big!!
ReplyDelete